In 1859 Lot 1 of Section 18 in the Village of Hill End contained a building. It appears that this structure had been removed by 1865. The property was purchased by Louis Beyers for £4 on 25th May 1865 as improved crown lands.
Land transaction records and the pristine state of the building in photos taken in 1872 suggest that the cottage was built in the late 1860s.
During the 20th century the house on Lot 1 Section 18 was occupied by a number of Hill End families, including the Holloways and Fitzsimmons.
The property was resumed as Crown Land and gazetted as part of the Hill End Historic Site on 2nd July 1971.